- 1Cut two 10” lengths from white mesh. Place mesh lengths together and center over top of foam ball. Wrap mesh tightly down around ball, securing ends with floral pins. See Photo 1.
- 2Carefully use heat tool to “shrink” mesh around ball. Do not hold heat tool too close or mesh will melt. (Note: Heat will shrink and tighten mesh around foam.) See Photo 2.
- 3Insert end of dowel 2” into base of ball. Remove dowel, apply glue to end, and reinsert into hole.
- 4Adhere foam cube into base of urn.
- 5Cut three 2-yd. lengths from white mesh. Tightly tie each length around dowel at bottom of ball. See Photo 3. Pull all mesh ends towards front of dowel for dress.
- 6Cut three 2-1/2-yd. lengths from black mesh. Tightly tie each length around dowel. See Photo 4. Pull ends towards back of dowel for cape.
- 7Apply glue to bottom of dowel and insert into foam cube in container.
- 8Tie black ribbon into bow around neck. Adhere hat to head. Adhere two strips of orange ribbon around hat crown.
- 9Fill top of urn with white mesh to cover cube.
by Dondi Richardson for FloraCraft